EMPLOYEE WELLNESS: CHANGING THE CULTURE
Start small and work steadily to mature as success is achieved:
– Employ regular wellness education classes addressing the needs of your
high risk population – incentivize them to attend.
– Provide fitness classes onsite in a spare open room – body sculpt, yoga,
fitness ball classes, kettlebell, etc. Have those interested bring their own
equipment, or better yet, provide it for them.
– Provide healthy food options – try changing vending machine options.
– Allow for longer lunch breaks for if physical activity is included in the time.
– Encourage walking meetings
· Adapt partnerships with local gyms or create an on-site wellness center.
· Provide a secure and safe way for employees to bike, walk, and engage in
physical movement – consider an outdoor exercise circuit.
. Have annual health risk assessments provided by qualified professionals
. Utilize data to make real changes in the culture of an organization
– Incentivize through premium reductions or point systems
– Wellness Manager or contracted Wellness Consultant/Support Group
If you desire a more wellness-centered workplace, consider a conversation with your Wellness Manager, Safety Director or Human Resources to support positive change.
EMPLOYEE WELLNESS: ACTION STEPS
We have encountered many companies hesitant to adopt a culture of wellness. Our suggestions above only scratch the surface for a complete 360WellCare initiative – “Wellness Infused, Health Improved”. This discussion was prefaced with starting small and growing comprehensively. Once your industry becomes more open to the approach and sees the results of a progressive Employee Wellness Program (EWP), next steps become common sense: regular health risk assessments or required annual wellness physicals, an onsite clinic, health coaching, incentivized pathways, and education individualized to health assessment data and needs of the employee, providing the best opportunities to obtain a culture of wellness. For more information on next steps, contact 360 WellCare. Call a trusted name in the industry, with years of experience and unprecedented insight and understanding. Real results come from wellness companies who are passionate, experienced, knowledgeable and have strong products services and approaches.
360wellcare is an innovative company that is dedicated to its mission to improve the quality of the life of employees while adding to the resources of the employer.
Call or email today for information on setting up a consult.
Dr. Frank Layman
Understanding the true scope of health and wellness is the first step to achieving it. DFL